Ag Workforce Development Council’s Labor Road Show II
- Farm employee housing, new employee onboarding, sexual harassment prevention, wage and hour laws, engaged employees, safety updates, upcoming “worker care” programs, and more.
- Mon. Jan. 28, 2019, Livingood’s Restaurant, 697 Bear Swamp RD, Peru, NY
- Tues, Jan. 29, 2019, Cornell Cooperative Extension – Saratoga County, Ballston Spa, NY
- Weds, Jan. 30, 2019, New York State Fairgrounds, Art & Home Center Building, Syracuse, NY
- Thurs, Jan. 31, 2019, Cornell Cooperative Extension – Ontario County, Canandaigua, NY
- Labor Road Show II Flyer
- Click here to register!
The Becker Forum: Farm Employment Practices, Planning for the Future
- Becker Forum was held January 14th, 2019. It was well-attended and had a great lineup of talented speakers.
- 2019 Becker Forum Presentations
Welcome to the home of Cornell Agricultural Workforce Development, part of Cornell Cooperative Extension and the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences!
Our mission is to help farms and agribusinesses build committed and effective teams who will carry out the important work of feeding the world. We believe that agricultural work can, and should be, engaging and rewarding for everyone involved. Managers can build committed teams by applying the best human resource management practices for the agricultural setting.
Initial program goals include:
- Providing leadership and management development education focused on farm supervisors, middle managers, and owners.
- Clarifying workforce regulations that apply to farms and increasing levels of compliance.
- Building consistent channels of communication and learning opportunities about agricultural workforce issues.
- Conducting research into workforce problems and challenges that confront agriculture.
We will use this website to share management and leadership information. Subscribe to our news post “The Ag Workforce Journal” to receive regular updates. Scroll to the bottom of any page, click the subscribe button at the bottom of the screen, and enter your email address.
The Agricultural Workforce Development program at Cornell is led by Dr. Richard Stup. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 255-7890.