New York State enacted the Farm Laborer Fair Labor Practices Act (FLFLPA) in July of 2019. This page is intended to point you toward helpful resources to understand the new legal requirements and make changes in your business and human resource management practices to comply with the new requirements.
- Presentation providing an overview of changes for farm employees beginning Jan. 1, 2020: “Big Changes to New York Farm Employment Laws.” You can also view this information as a recorded webinar from Farm Credit East.
- Find the legal text of FLFLPA here: https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/s6578
- NY State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) website on the subject here: https://www.labor.ny.gov/immigrants/farm-laborer-fair-labor-practices-act.shtm
- NYSDOL’s Farmworker Rights and Employer Responsibilities fact sheet: https://www.labor.ny.gov/formsdocs/dipa/p748.pdf
- Excellent resource from Worker’s Compensation Board: http://www.wcb.ny.gov/farmtoolkit/
- State’s Disability webpage: http://www.wcb.ny.gov/content/main/DisabilityBenefits/Employer/complyWithLaw.jsp
- New York’s Paid Family Leave website: https://paidfamilyleave.ny.gov/
- NY State Insurance Fund (NYSIF): https://ww3.nysif.com/