New York passed major changes to state employment laws affecting farms, and most of the changes take effect on January 1, 2020. There is a lot for farm employers to learn and adapt in a short period of time. New York’s Ag Workforce Development Council invites you to Labor Roadshow III to learn about the changes that will affect every person in your business. Hold these dates in your calendar:
- November 18. Genesee Community College-Batavia Campus, One College Road, Batavia, NY 14020-9704. Room T119 Lecture Hall, Conable Technology Building.
- November 19. The Lodge at Hidden Valley Animal Adventure, 2887 Royce Rd, Varysburg, NY 14167.
- November 20. Ramada by Wyndham, 21000 NY State Rt 3, Watertown, NY 13601
- November 21. Hilton Garden Inn Clifton Park, 30 Clifton Country Road, Clifton Park, NY, 12065
- November 22. Cayuga‐Onondaga BOCES, 1879 West Genesee Street Rd, Auburn, NY 13021. Conference Room 1, 2, 3.
Key topics will include:
- Overtime, Day of Rest, and other wage and hour laws
- Disability, Paid Family Leave
- Understanding Unions and Collective Bargaining
- The Key Role of Farm Supervisors
- Updates to NY Sexual Harassment Laws
More details and registration information will be coming soon!